Saturday, July 3, 2010

several days gone by

Just as I thought. I don't know how people keep up with their blogs when there is so much to do in the real world!

We made it to Nanaimo safe and sound, bringing rain and cool weather with us as usual. The first time we made a trip out to the West Coast (Miriam was almost 1 and Emily almost 3) it rained wherever we went. This time, much the same. Consequently, the first day we went to Wal-Mart where the kids spent their gift certificates from Auntie Lisa (on things to occupy them!). In the afternoon we had a blast at the aquatic centre in the wave pool, on the water slides and getting caught in the "rapids."

Thankfully, the wedding day was beautiful in both the weather and the decorative location. We went out to Parksville to a gorgeous yard encompassed by rugged old trees. The deck overlooked a babbling creek. Chairs were set out for the actually ceremony and carried over to the tables for the reception. Two tents towered over the elegantly set tables and the tables were adorned with large glass candles (which made me a little nervous with four children). The bride, groom and wedding party entered the ceremony under a vine-covered walkway. The wedding was delightful!

The following day we hiked (an easy walk) out to a waterfall and had a picnic lunch. After this the older girls, Lisa, Jeff, and I shopped in Coombs.

Well, during the writing of this blog, and this blog only, I had to get up 5 or 6 times for one reason or another. I don't know how this work thing is all going to fit together. I know that I can do the work but getting it done with the chaos that surrounds me is yet another thing. Well, time will tell and I can judge the plausibility of such a choice in my 5 month position! I'm sure it will be fine in the long run.

So long, farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment